I had not meant for this blog to become a recipe blog, but I do love baking and apparently use a lot of pecans! This recipe was actually borrowed from a family member (Hi Aunt Barbara!) that I had been using for several years and cook it for the main holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter). I don't bake pies, so this is my substitute.
To start, Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
12 ounces evaporated milk
2 large eggs
6 ounces pecan halves (2/3 cup Chopped)
coconut flakes (optional)
1. Boil 2-3 large sweet potatoes until soft. Peel, cut and add 2 cups with 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of sugar and 2 half beaten into a medium sized bowl.
2. Add a dash of nutmeg, a dash of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.
3. Add in 12 ounce can of evaporated milk until the mixture is a soupy consistency (I never use the whole can.
4. Pour into your cooking dish and set aside.
Praline Topping 11. Add 4 tbsp butter (softened), 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour together in a small bowl. Mix together ingredients with fingers
12. Add 2/3 cup chopped pecans and coconut flakes to your liking. .
13. Sprinkle praline topping on top of sweet potato mixture. Place in the preheated oven for 40 min (until the mixture is not jiggly, but like a souflee).
And there you have it! Ca c'est Bon!
***I'm going to try to post some exercise or healthy stuff because I'm telling on myself!***